March 16, 2020
With the global concerns surrounding COVID-19 (also known as the "coronavirus") and the growing number of cases within Canada, we want to provide our residents and stakeholders with an update on our actions to date. The health and safety of our residents, staff and anyone visiting our communities are our utmost priorities. The following measures have been implemented across all Homestead buildings:
• Continuation of an enhanced cleaning routine focusing on high-frequency touch surfaces.
• Temporary closure of all amenities. Laundry facilities will remain open.
• Temporary closure of all branch offices.
• In-suite maintenance will be completed on an urgent/critical basis only. We ask for residents' understanding that non-urgent and cosmetic work orders will be deferred until a later date.
• Suspension of all rental operations including the showing of apartments.
• We encourage residents to make rental payments online instead of in-person.
• Hand sanitizer stations have been ordered for all buildings.
• Suspension of all non-life safety capital projects at all buildings.
• Implementation of internal policies to promote social distancing (maintain a distance of 2 metres between individuals) and a reduction of large meetings of staff members.
The Canadian health authorities advise that the symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough and/or shortness of breath. Anyone experiencing these symptoms is strongly encouraged to contact Telehealth Ontario immediately 1-866-797-0000 to receive further direction.
We are all working together to keep our communities safe in these uncertain and unprecedented times. We have all heard media reports from public health officials that anticipate an increased occurrence of confirmed cases of the COVID-19 virus. In the event that there are cases in our communities, we will be guided by and fully cooperating with governing public health organizations.
We ask everyone to do their part by washing their hands regularly, implementing social distancing practices and proactively consulting with the medical authorities. We encourage all residents to review Ontario.ca, Centre for Disease Control (www.cdc.gov) and/or the World Health Organization (www.who.int) for the most up to date information on the virus.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding our action plan.